Wspólne forum dyskusyjne stron:
www.aliens.ibt.pl
aliens.g4sa.net
www.fiorina.prv.pl

| PROFIL | REJESTRACJA | LOGOWANIE | SZUKAJ | TEMATY | UŻYTKOWNICY | PRYWATNE WIADOMOŚCI |
<< Poprzedni temat :: Nastepny temat >>   Tematy    Napisz nowy temat    Odpowiedz do tematu
Autor Temat: English sister site?
Immortal

Gość

English sister site?

I've had a little idea. Basicly, make an english sister site to this one. Use the same files (mp3's wav's, rm etc) but just make it an english site. Also, have different people publishing news, and we can translate the news onto either site, if wanted.
So, they are the same, but also different, ya know Very Happy
And guess who is willing to build it. Ahem Very Happy.

2002-01-05 11:22:00
Odpowiedz z cytatem
tomexx

Second Lieutenant

Re: English sister site?

Somthing like english language mirror?
hym?
Ciacho is owner & webmaster you must talk to him..
But as you prabably know content of this page is relly monsterus hiuge!! I guess naw there is more then 600 MB of alien stuff, this is the biggest movie site in Poland Razz
This would be good idea if someone will be able to do good polish/english translation. But who?

2002-01-06 03:18:00
Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odpowiedz z cytatem
Immortal

Gość

Some stuff

I can translat some of the things on the site, such as whats in the sound files etc. Also, where i do not know what text is there, i can make it up for myself. Quite a lot of the 600MB on this site is files, such as films, mp3's etc, which i can just link to and put what they are in english. I will start doing some designs soon for the site. Its not going to be an exact mirror, but they are going to be pretty close.

2002-01-06 04:33:00
Odpowiedz z cytatem
CIACHO
"GAME OVER, MAN!"

Re: Some stuff

>Quite a lot of the 600MB on this site is files

Full CIACHO'S ALIENS WEB PAGE "weight" is O*V*E*R 1 GB !!! Smile), and there are abut 200 MB of multimedia files (like alien bootlego mp3 & other cool stuff) on my hdd waiting for upload...

Generaly I am going to try to do something like english version in far far away future... I have no time for this right now, and I need to find someone who will help me to do professional translations of texts.

Anyway, I think my serwer works OK and there is no need to do mirrors of any kind, I am also against doing "mirror sister sites" how some people tryed to do in past withouth my knowledge and permission - doing their own sites which used my graphics and layout, and seting their links exacly to my multimedia files... damm loosers! Sad((

However if you are going to do YOUR OWN alien related site you can simply copy to your server and use my files as loong as you dont forget to give me credit for using them. There are also just a few graphics connected with unique layout of this site - and I simply dont want to someone else use them. So if you want to do your own site - siply ask me first and tell me which ones of my files you would like to use - gneraly you can use / mirror about 95% of contents of this site if you want - I just simply would like to know about it and have a credit for it, couse I put a lot of time and work and heart into creating/updating/keeping this site on-line.

Regards
CIACHO

2002-01-06 07:20:00
Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź stronę autora 1540119 Odpowiedz z cytatem
tomexx

Second Lieutenant

rep

But you have to wait for Ciacho premission. Good luck!

Mam nadzieje, ze nie bedzie to linkersto Smile

2002-01-06 07:34:00
tomexx

Second Lieutenant

oj:)

>>>>is O*V*E*R 1 GB !!! Smile),
Ciacho Ciacho ty internetowy IMPERIALISTO......eh!!!Smile))
Nie przpuszczalem, ze tak zanizasz powierzchnie swojego ktolestwa w pasku tytulowym!! dmmnn

Btw przydalo by sie unwoczesnic strone. W miom odczuciu, poprawic bledy do ktorych, ciagle czepiaja sie na guestbooku tego nie mozna ignorowac!, dac wiecej info tu i tam. Ale to tylko moja ptopozycja.

2002-01-06 07:47:00
Immortal

Gość

the kinda idea

That was the general idea. I've just got one or two questions. 1st, where do you host your files? cause uploading all the MP3's/movies will take a lot of space. Also, im only on 56K, so its gonna take ages to upload those, but i can handle that Smile It's just finding somewhere to host them. Maybe a file storage site or something.
Thanks
Mike
P.S Ive already got 100MB of hosting which im paying for, so i can set up quite a bit of stuff.

2002-01-06 08:55:00
Odpowiedz z cytatem
Anonymous

Gość

Re: the kinda idea

>That was the general idea.

How I said - I have no time (I am studing and working), and I have no language skills to do fully english language version of this site right now - maybye in future... but if you are going to do your own site you may mirror (copy and storage on your serwer) all this multimedia files I made or collect from internet in past years - just let me know about it and gife me credit for it.

>where do you host your files?

Same serwer as all html files Smile))) - good friend of mine is administrator here so I have a lots of wabspace for free!

>Maybe a file storage site or something.

sorry cant help you, I dont know where you can get so much space for free, or for resonable money - but i think its possible - you just need to search!

2002-01-06 11:18:00
Odpowiedz z cytatem
CIACHO
"GAME OVER, MAN!"

Re: oj:)

Poprawie te informacje przy nastepnej aktualizacji ! Smile))
Po padzie serwera i wymianie dysku mam do dyspozycji prawie 3 GB miejsca Smile))))))))))))

BTW - jak masz jakies fajne rzeczy po swojej starej stronie to przeslij - albo wogule mozemy nawiazac jakas blizsza wspolprace - chetnie przekazalbym dzial o ALIEN w czyjes kompetentne rece bo nie wyglada na to zebym sam mial szybko czas i checi cos w tej sekcji zmienic....

2002-01-06 11:22:00
Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź stronę autora 1540119 Odpowiedz z cytatem
CIACHO
"GAME OVER, MAN!"

Re: the kinda idea

Fuck, I forget to sign my post....
Smile))))

2002-01-06 11:23:00
tomexx

Second Lieutenant

Re: oj:)

Gdy bede mial ciekawe obiekcje, pomysly to dam znac. Natomiast na twoim miejscu zaktualizowal bym dzial bledy bo sa tam bledy (tzn bledy nie bedace bledami) :)

2002-01-06 11:52:00
Immortal

Gość

i guessed

I guessed that it was you Very Happy
OK, thanks for that info. Well, i've found a place to host my multimedia files (www.kturn.com its not perfect, but it means its accessable). And ive got enough for html and things.
When i get my PC working again, i'll make some designs. And, yes, i will credit you. Very Happy cause u deserve it. Ive already got some cool ideas for the flash intro Wink
Cheers
Mike

2002-01-06 12:48:00
Odpowiedz z cytatem
Immortal

Gość

What?

The subject asks it all :D

2002-01-06 12:51:00
Odpowiedz z cytatem
Anonymous

Gość

question

Immortal, what`s your nationality?

2002-01-07 04:26:00
Odpowiedz z cytatem
Immortal

Gość

UK

I'm English, why?

2002-01-07 07:26:00
Odpowiedz z cytatem
Suchy
F161

re UK

People r just curios I think...

Jesli bedzie potrzebna pomoc w translacji to jak zwykle sluze pomoca.

Pozdro

2002-01-07 09:15:00
Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź stronę autora Odpowiedz z cytatem
Tematy    Napisz nowy temat    Odpowiedz do tematu